This page is devoted to the presentation of various events in which I used to or still play a role (i.e., Program Committee Member, Organizer, etc.). Some of the slides I used in my invited lectures are available for download on this page
- July 2002 : MABS'02 (Multi-Agent Based Simulation) Workshop, Bologna, Italy - Subject: "Individual- or Agent-Based Simulation ?".
- April 2002 : ASIA IT&C Project, Bangkok, Thailand - A set of courses on an Introduction to MAS (see here).
- December 2000 : DOA (Distributed Object and Agents) French-Japanese Workshop, Tokyo, Japan - Subject: "Social Robotics".
- October 99 : LIP6 open house - Subject: "Microbes : vers des collectivités mixtes hommes-robots" ("Microbes: towards human-robots collectivities"). Download slides.
- September 99: AICS'99 - Irish Conference on AI & Cognitive Science, Cork - Subject: "Collective Robotics - From RoboCup to Socially Situated Robots". Download slides.
- June 98: CONAI'98 - Brazilian conference on robotics & automation, Sao Paulo - Subject : "Soccer-Playing Robots: not just for fun !". Download slides.
- July 99: Ecole d'Ete EDF/CEA sur l'Optimisation Numérique (Summer school on numerical optimization). Subject : "Optimisation & Systèmes multi-agents" ("Optimization & Multi-Agent Systems"), with Jean-Daniel Zucker and Guillaume Hutzler. in french.
- June 1998: Séminaire d'Intelligence Artificielle UPMC-EDF: "Les robots footballeurs" ("Soccer-Playing Robots"), with Jean-Daniel Zucker and Dominique Duhaut. in french.
- May 1996 : Séminaire d'Intelligence Artificielle UPMC-EDF: "Introduction aux Systèmes Multi-Agents" ("Introduction to multi-agent Systems"), with Anne Collinot. in french.
Chairman or Co-Chair
- ICMAS'96 Workshop on Animal Societies and DAI, Nagoya, Japan. Dec. 1996.
- CRW'98: ICMAS'98 / Agents' World Workshop on Collective Robotics, Paris, France. July 1998.
- IAS'99: French Workshop on Situated Artificial Intelligence, Paris, France, Oct. 1999
Organizer or Local Organizer
- ICMAS'98: Third International Conference on Multi-Agents Systems, Paris, France. July 1998.
- Agents' World 1998: First International Forum on Agents and Multi-Agents, Paris, France. July 1998.
- EvoRobot' 98: First European Workshop on Evolutionary Robotics, Paris, France. April 1998.
- RoboCup'98: Second International Competition of Soccer-Playing Robots,Paris, France. July 1998.
- JFIADSMA'97: French Workshop on DAI, La Colle sur Loup, France, April 1997.
- ICCS&SS 97: International Conference on Computer Simulation and Social Sciences, Sienna, Italy, Sept. 1997
- ICCS&SS II : Monday September 18 - Wednesday September 20, 2000 Paris France, 2000.
- IBERAMIA'98: Sixth Ibero-american Conference On Artificial Intelligence, Lisbon, Portugal. Oct. 1998.
- RoboCup Workshop'98, Paris, France, July 1998.
- ICMAS'98: Third International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems, Paris, France. July 1998.
- SMAGET: French symposium on using multi-agent systems for environmental management, Clermont-Ferrand, France, October 1998.
- ATAL'99: Agent Theories, Architectures and Languages, Orlando, Florida, USA, July 1999.
- IIP 2000: Intelligent Information Processing Conference, part of the World Computer Congress 2000 (Track 3: Distributed Intelligence), Beijing, China, August 21-25 2000.
- SAB 2000 : Simulation of Adaptive Behaviour 2000, Paris
- ICMAS 2000: Fourth International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems, Boston, USA, July 2000.
- DARS 2000 : 5th Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems Symposium, Knoxville, Oct. 2000.
- ISEA 2000 : International Symposium on Electronic Arts, Paris, France, Dec. 2000.
- ATAL'2000 : Agent Theories, Architectures and Languages, Boston, USA, 7-9 July 2000.
- to be updated...
- On 04/13/99, I have been interviewed in Archimedes, the scientific magazine of Arte, the french/german cultural television. The whole script of the interview can be found here, and here you'll find the presentation I've made of "Gödel, Escher, Bach" by Douglas Hofstadter. Both are in french, of course.
- The Microbes project has been presented on the France-Info radio (10/22/99). The text is available here. in french.
- ... a 3 years gap still to be filled ! ...
- I have been named, by the french magazine "L'Express", one of the 100 french citizen who will change the face of France in 2003 (How? They do not say :o). See here.